PROJECT MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
In this two-days intensive Project Management training course, you will learn best practice for Project Management, including scheduling, reporting, and budgeting, and all the areas you need to consider before taking on a project.
This is the best introductory course for a professional who aspires to get into project management and know the different types of project management methodologies and processes.
Project Management - Principles and Definitions
- Key principles for PM success
- What is a Project?
- What is Project Management?
- The Role of the Project Manager
Project Management - Defining Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsibility Matrix
Project Management - Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Stakeholder Planning
- Stakeholder Communication
Project Management - Managing Communications
- Communication Plan examples Techniques
Project Management - Producing the Project Definition
- Tips for writing a Project Definition
- What to include
- The approval process
Project Management - Managing Project Documentation
- Types of documentation
- How to store it
- How to track approvals
- Naming standards
Project Management - Defining the Project Work
- Setting Goals and Objectives
- Defining tasks and activities
- Brainstorming using Mind Maps
- Estimating time
- Creating a work breakdown structure
- Determining task dependencies
- Determining task constraints
- Creating a Gantt Chart and Network Diagram
Project Management - Managing Project Risk
- Techniques to identify risk
- Creating a risk management plan
Project Management - Managing the Workplan
- Updating the project plan
- Status meetings and reports
- Action items
- Dealing with issues
- Root cause analysis
- Cause and Effect analysis
- Managing the project team
Project Management - Managing Scope
- Defining scope
- Process for managing scope changes
- Managing expectations
Project Management - Managing Quality
- What is quality?
- Process to manage quality
- Resolving quality issues
Project Management - Managing Project Completion
- Phase out plan and activities
- Phase out meeting
- Phase out questions
• The training will be highly interactive with participants taking part in role-plays, discussions, exercises and group work where appropriate.
• These workshops cater for a group of up to 12 participants.
• The emphasis will be on the skills, knowledge and attitude that the participants will need in their work environment.